St. Simon Stock youth ministries provides a resource for all youth to grow by volunteering at local and global organizations.
We are proud to share our 2022 youth group community service projects with many community service projects planned for 2023.
- Wardrobe: Youth collected clothes and items to help support this non-profit organization that gives formerly incarcerated citizens and other adults in need of a fresh outlook on life to enter back into the workforce.
- Ukraine Community Service Project: Youth collected a van full of donations sent to Camden Catholic High School then to be shipped off to a contact in Poland where it would be directly delivered to families and individuals in Ukraine affected by the war.
- Cathedral Kitchen: Youth made meals at a few of their meetings that were delivered to help with mission in providing over 1600 meals a day for shelters and halfway houses in Camden County.
- Joseph’s House: Youth made casseroles to support those in need for a warm meal.
- Special needs students: Youth Group rallied together to assemble 200+ sensory care packages for kids with special needs.
- Summer Fundraiser: Youth sold dinner tickets, created silent auction, and set up a dinner theatre experience featuring live music from Les Misérables.
- Booksmiles: Youth Group & OLMC collected books to go to schools & families in needs of books.
- Harvest Festival: Close to 50 Youth volunteered to help with crafts, games, serve dinner during the annual harvest festival.
- Senior Thanksgiving Dinner: Youth made table decorations, set & cleaned up, served dinner to Seniors within the church community.
- OLMC coloring books: Youth group wrapped coloring books for young students at OLMC.
- Senior Cards: Youth group made and signed senior cards.
- Foster Families of NJ: Youth shopped for foster children in need of items.
- Homeless Blessing Bags: donations were collected, and bags were assembled for homeless.
- Family in Need: Youth shopped for family in need to help make a memorable Christmas.
- Ronald McDonald House: donations were collected to support families in need.
- Monthly Light Refreshments: September 2022 kicked off monthly “light refreshments” at the 10am masses for all parishioners to join.